To see a
World in a
Grain of
Sand,
And Heaven
in a Wild
Flower,
Hold Infinity
in the palm of
Your hand
And Eternity
in an hour

William Blake
(1757-1827)

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My First Blog Entry

So here it is, a new year, and a new goal, to start blogging. I chose the topics life, leadership and sewing, because all have become inherently intertwined in my life. Sources of inspiration, motivation, and the reality that really we are typically our only source of limitation. We think the world is somehow against us, but in reality, it is the world within our mind that creates all of the drama. We create our own reality. Simple.

Sewing for me is proof that you can truly accomplish anything you set your mind to, even if you do it in small steps (like starting with cloth napkins). Yes, I completed a PhD, but the tangible outcomes of sewing projects seem so much rewarding than those associated with research projects. Oh, that brings me to my second new year's goal, to secure a tenure track position. This blog will serve as proof of my journey towards this goal over the course of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful to see you blogging, Tash. Everyone should. Looking forward to some good reading and conversation.
    - Kyle

    ReplyDelete